Name: Elso Carlos Lopez Egures
Age: 30
Location: Punta del Este, Uruguay
Bio:
I was born in Maldonado Uruguay in 1980, I have constructed models to scale from very child, in 2006 I obtained a diploma of espesialist in scale models, from this moment it was coming experimenting with different materials as paper, carton and wood.
In 2008 I started publishing my creations in a blog that I called Elso Craft .
In the same year I was rewarded in an American forum with a trophy by the construction of a Wall-E made of carboard from Disney Pixar's movie of the same name.
In 2009 gave to me the great possibility of forming a part, together with big designers, of a book of papercraft called " Build your own paper robots " publishing by Ilex Press Limited of UK.
In 2010 I was rewarded with the position number one in the first edition of the contest Latin Interforums by the design and construction of a Buzz Lightyear carácter in the technology of papercraft from zero.
Two years ago I began one of my bigger projects after Wall-E and is the T-800 from the movie Terminator 2 constructed in 90% of carton and to 1:1 scale, basing on the very famous one papercraft of which I had to rescale, also I redesigned his top and low members as well as to add lot of details and crome finish.
Tell us about your background?
I think it is answered in my bio but I can say that work in a video club and I love it becouse I am in contact with posibles characters of my nexts proyects, there are some of my works in my job and people like so much to look at my works.
Since young times, in school, I sets in manuals arts but never go an special art lessons, think I born with this skill.. haha !
What's your inspiration and motivation?
- Only I have the need to create or design a model becouse in this moment think that it is a good challenge for me so much for his characteristics, popularity, since for the material with which I will construct it.
I am a lover of the cinema and the majority of the prominent figures or models that construct they are extracted from the movies, generally I centre on robots.
I like to innovate in the technologies of construction; ever can overcoat using very accessible, economic materials and up to recyclings, in some cases mixing them between.
What's your favorite quote or philosophy of art and design?
- I am thinking that about being in one daily creativity constructing models it is as a therapy, if I do not stop to work out this skill that I have it is since that I cannot to continue.
What do you think of the designers in Indonesia?
- The designers of Indonesian the truth are very talented and an overcoat very original both in his works and in his technologies, I believe that they have an style that it is outlined of the rest and is very modern.
Inside my area it wanted to emphasize from Indonesian Julius Perdona and his web site Paper Replika, a modal of the design in papercraft, that for me, it imposed a technology of construction in this art that it combines with wisdom the simplicity of the armed one and quality of the finished model.
What is the message to newcomers?
- If it had to give a message to the new generations simply I would say that if they have a skill to create a work, which they develop, do not guard it leave her to go out.
Can you tell us about your work behind the scenes?
- At the moment of choosing the material to using am very meticulous and study all the possibilities as it go to do, when I construct I am very a retailer it takes me to that if it had well considered a time to finish certain work of insurance spread much more time.
I investigate deeply looking for information while I think or improvise possible strategies. Also the dimensions are important for me, since I like it constrir in big and if the scale and the space allows it to me, up to in 1:1.
I do many tests in case of a complex piece or difficult construction.
When I design in the computer a papercraft also I am a retailer but bearing in mind that meets as faithful as possible and simultaneously be easy to arm overcoat becouse am in the habit of sharing my creations with the users in free form, and me much likes to see my models build by others persons.
What do you think of the designers in your country?
- In my country there are many very talented persons and not only they triumph here but also in the exterior, I believe that it is outlined more than an art, rather a cultural topic.
Criticism and suggestions for VISUALGRIP magazine?
- I found in visualgrip a magazine that it leaves all this art sees waiting to be discovered and I would like it that more persons could accede to this reading so it would be a good idea to propose a version translated into the Spanish.
Thanks you so much for give me the oportunity to be part of this great magazine.




Отправить комментарий