Nama: Hatefuel-Ed
Umur: 21
Lokasi: Malang
Website: hatefuel.deviantart.com
Email: hate.fuel@yahoo.com
Bio:

Hello Banamag readers! Hatefuel is an Indonesian-Australian based multidiscipline graphic designer. The alter-ego name I use because I personally hate the smell of gasoline-overriding its main function as fuel. My interest in the world of art and design began when I loved learning to draw with my father.

Lovers of spicy cuisine, soto banjar enthusiast and fried rice made by mama, black lover, cat lover and Spawn fan.

Learn completely self-taught and experimentally. I felt I did not get much skills from my college, but this skill came more from the communities around me. A bit ironic, but that's what I feel during my college days.


Describe the concept of your artwork and the software you are using?

I always try to try new things and not fixate on one particular kind of design style. The concept of customizing client requests, but for the conceptual thread, portfolio tends toward the urban. I'm relying on Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator in my work.



Can you tell us about behind the scene of your artwork? (optional: photo step by step one of your works)

I started my work by looking for mood. If you do not meet it would be difficult. Sketch "ring-engine" is always a mainstay, which I later developed into the rough layout. From there, with Photoshop or Illustrator, I am developing a work-whether it's a bitmap or a vector-a whole piece of work that's ready to be appreciated. Sometimes I change the finishing many times because tomorrow or the day after, when I look at my work, surely I always feel there is less.



Tell us about your background?

Coming from the land of Borneo, arrived in the land of Java. Since high school lives alone to study at DKV State University of Malang. I like being a low-profile person, so maybe nothing is interesting from me. I always let my work just "talk".

What are your inspiration and motivation?

Nature, beautiful environment, happiness, morning air, friendship, silence, indie music, great salary, my beloved wife, the famous designers like Ricart Soengkono, Danis Sie, Shinichiro Watanabe, Mister Science, and Ouval Research.

What is your favorite quote or philosophy of art and design?

"Art is like masturbation. It is selfish and introverted and done for you and you alone. The design is like sex. There is someone else involved, just as important as yours, right sides are happy in the end. "- Colin Wright

How do you think about designers in Indonesia?

Many talented designers in Indonesia but unfortunately they are less exposed. Fortunately, the digital media magazine whose development is significant is an alternative for those who want their work to be appreciated more widely.

What is the message for newcomers?

Make other people's work as inspiration, until you finally become an inspiration to others.